Saturday, February 23, 2013

What Emily watched the last half of 2012

I may have taken a blog break, but I didn't stop watching.  I did stop writing them down though.  I wrote a few down and will try to remember as much as possible.  What I am not going to do is review them save for a one word sum up of each movie (which the exception of 2 mea culpas). It's been since June people!  I will also link to IMDB in case you're curious.

Night Wolf - bad bad, not good bad (I already broke my rule)
Amelie - lovely
The Woman in Black - freaky
The Double Life of Veronique - good (and over my head)
The 400 Blows - amazing
The Innkeepers - worth seeing
Bernie - Loved
Gosford Park - alright
A Separation - outstanding
Sleepwalk With Me - FUNNY
Cloud Atlas - zzzzzzzzzz

I also started watching or caught up on:

Breaking Bad -outstanding
The Walking Dead - awesome
Dexter season 6 - kicked (my butt)
Supernatural - meh
How I Met Your Mother - funny

Added late:
Django Unchained - most excellent

My mea culpas:

Run Lola Run - It has been a while since I saw this because I moved this and the other movie to the top of my dvd queue the hour I got called out, which must have been sometime last June- so excuse my memory.
 It was really good.  The whole movie is basically rehashing the same period of the day for Lola except little things change every time and this makes for drastically different outcomes.  Think Groundhog Day meshed with The Butterfly Effect made by Germans (if you've never seen a German movie, you'll just have to see what I mean).  I really enjoyed it Ami- thanks for recommending it to me.  I fully recommend it to anyone.


The Triplettes of Bellevue - First of all this is a cartoon, which I wasn't expecting.  A really strange, French cartoon.  I spend most of this movie going "what the crap?"  I enjoyed myself for the most part, but really spent a lot of time wondering what the deal was.  What is the deal Aim?  Explain your relationship with this movie.  Oh- it's about a little boy that lives with his grandma and grows up to be a cyclist, gets kidnapped during the Tour de France.  The grandma and her dog go to find him and end up in Bellevue where they are befriended by 3 old ladies that sing and eat frog stew.  They somehow help her find her grandson in a movie theater.  I think I got that right.  I can recommend this movie to all who like weird French cartoons.  I didn't know that I did, but I think I do alright.  I remember being quite fascinated with the animation throughout.



Well- that's what I've got.  If you saw a movie with me that I forgot, kindly bring it to my attention and I'll add it. Also, if you'd like me to expound on any of these titles, I'd be happy to chat them up.

I've got January and February's movies written down and will try to get January's post out tomorrow.  I'm always sorry when I say that....




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails